Sunday, June 7, 2009

To a Good Sunday! Amen

I am sleep deprived but I feel fantastic. Who knew I could squish so many activities and things to do in just one weekend? Certainly not me. Let's start with the things I did today, and go back.

Sunday's always a drag from waking up early just to go to church. I tell my mom I want to go to the afternoon or evening mass but she refuses, so I end up slouching on the church bench, elbow on knee, with my palm supporting my lifeless, sleepy head. I'm dead asleep now. At various times, you'll see my body slowly collapse over to one side towards the person next to me, and before I fall on them, my eyes open and a jolt from my muscles quickly align my body straight up. I know people behind me have their eyes fixed on the back of my head, so I pretend I was finding something I dropped to cover it up. Then it's a repeat. My favorite time is the homily, because it's 20 minutes of sitting. (;

With plans to watch Up! after, my mom takes me to Costco to buy some hot dogs. Gobble, gobble, nom nom, I'm done in 2 minutes. I wait for my little brother to finish and we're off. We're at Great Mall and I have my ticket ready with plenty of time to kill. I head to the arcade and find out that Dance Dance Revolution is FREE. Yes, FREE! When was the last thing you saw something free in America? Grinning, I step up the dance pad and jam it out, my brother following. What he didn't know was that I was secretly videotaping him.



With that motionless body and those kicking legs, he looks like a disco-dancing leprechuan.

And now the movie. I felt so sad for Carl, and without thinking my eyes were tearing up. I've never teared up in the theaters before, and I'm not kidding. This happened twice but the life between the couple was so romantic that what happened to Ellie made it such a tragedy. I'd expect to cry in some movie like Marley and Me (I haven't watched it yet haha) rather than some cartoon. But nonetheless, there were funny scenes that made me echo Kimbo's obnoxious HAHAs throughout theater within that hour and a half.

Like these scenes (I always carry my camera):





The cone of shame! heh.

And so later in the day I biked to school and back home, a total of 9 miles. I felt like doing more, who knows, maybe I'll bike to the other side in the valley and back. Biking is so refreshing. The thrill of adventure, the ever-so-present danger of cars hitting you, the satisfaction of a well-fed curiosity, and the feeling of accomplishment is the reason why I ride. And yes, I do go in the left turn lanes, and my bike can trip the underground traffic signal.

I really wanted to go downtown and see Anna in her pre-departure orientation at San Jose State University, though. It was late, but I still have Monday and Tuesday to visit. At least I had a great Sunday.

Now the things I look forward to this week are:
--Relaxing on Monday in Bailey's
--Hugging my seniors before they leave
--Finishing 2 more finals
--Abby's parrrrrttyyyyy! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment