Friday, June 5, 2009

The Day of Rage




Bay Area drivers suck.

What's wrong with people today? In just one day, I saw 2 incidents of road rage, each about 5 minutes apart, while waiting at a bus stop. For the first incident, I heard honking. And in the car was a white man who continued honking in short bursts for 10 seconds until finally the finger flies out from a fat latina woman. They both floor it when the light turns green, and the white man drives to tailgate her. The second incident was involving two cars waiting to get out of the school at a stoplight. Honk honk honk honk! just like the last one. This time, a finger is seen through the windshield of the car.

This includes public transit drivers as well. I was angry at VTA for being 30 minutes late, and when the bus finally arrived, a clump of 3 buses--NOT two, but THREE--were traveling together on route 70. The bus driver was nice however, so I thanked her for the ride to Hostetter Station.

Fast forward to the Great Mall/Main Street Station now.

I get off the train, walking out of the station like any other student would, and I hear CRACKLE! I look up, and the next thing you know, Chow Mein flying right AT ME from a now-crumbled Styrofoam box, hitting a shoulder of a man, and landing a good 4 inches away from my shoe on the ground. That's perfectly good food wasted. I look up, and a black girl is then heard asking, "What's your problem?" to her what-seems-to-be-her-boyfriend. They get all close and take fighting stances and I back away by walking around them.

As I back away, they start throwing punches at each other. Wow. This isn't a guy fight, so why is the guy hitting a girl back? Attached below is a video I recorded before some bus drivers decided to intervene. The Sheriff Transit Patrol also arrived a few moments later.





I learned something today.
Don't waste your time hating someone. Instead, use that valuable time to appreciate all your friends and family---they're certainly worth much more than anything else.


The Day of Rage, oh yes, it was for some.
For me, it's more like a day of mixed emotions and conditions.

I am...
...happy, because I finished my AP Lang presentation and the teacher said "Good job"
...sad, because I forgot to ask the seniors for a hug and this is their last day.
...sleepy, because I've been sleeping at 3 AM and waking up at 6 for school everyday.
...tired, because I just took my AP Calc test.
...indifferent, because I'll walk out with an A anyways for Calc regardless of whether I failed it or not.
...concerned, because I'll be talking my SAT II Chemistry test at Evergreen HS tomorrow.
...relieved, becuase it's a Friday. It really felt like a Thursday so I had to confirm with my calendar.
...warm, because I have awesome and caring friends (: I love all of you! ♪
...scared, because the stalker's back.
...disappointed, because there's no time to go Downtown.
Don't forget I was angry, too.


Yesterday, or I should say VERY EARLY morning today, Kimbo showed me a song called "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script. I briefly listened to it and the lyrics caught my ears. I liked it instantly, but today when I read the lyrics and caught the words that I missed, the song just touched me right in the heart. It's truly a beautiful song. );

Oh and I met a British guy on the light rail at the station on Hostetter. He was trying to find out which train to take for Downtown SJ, but I loved his accent despite having him repeat many times. I thought he was speaking German to me at first, that's how strong it was. But whatever, he was very friendly. (:

I'm waiting for the sunset with my camera. It should be spectacular with the overcast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment