Saturday, June 20, 2009

Going, Going... And He's Down.


Big bummer today. I found out my new bike has three problems:

1) Gear switching mechanism isn't aligned.
2) Tire rubs the back metal bar, creating considerable friction.
3) FLAT TIRE by a thorn. Hole is 0.5-1mm in diameter, and this is a MOUNTAIN BIKE.

I'm going to try trading it in tomorrow, if the problem persists, I'm taking it to the Fast Bikes repair shop in Alum Rock.

Well, I'm a sitting duck again. My freedom I bought only lasted a single day. );

____
The Party


I met Ayaka face-to-face for the first time after chatting online this year at Gill Park in Milpitas for her farewell party back to Japan. She was really shy at first but broke the barrier after conversing for a few minutes. At the party, I found myself as the loner when I first arrived. Most people there were my cousin's friends who I did not know, so I introduced myself and tried to fit in. It worked. I only was able to fit in becuase of Edward (my cousin) and Ayaka, and we had a barbecue (steak and chicken) for the afternoon.

Edward's friends kept on elbowing Ayaka everytime she sat next to me, so I figured that there was something more than friendship here. It was really, really obvious. She seemed worried when I biked away to go somewhere--washing mud down on my tires because stupid Edward tackled me and lay on me as I tried to stay off the ground holding the fence. So I got him back by taking this picture of him that I can abuse later on. (;



Anyways as the party was wrapping up, I told her not to cry and to save it at the airport and gave her a hug. I feel so sad for her that she's leaving, though, because I've experienced it many times in my life. There was no way I'd pour my emotions with other people I don't know.


We're in Hawaii, foo. Yeah, I wish. (Damn you, Patrick)

No comments:

Post a Comment