Monday, June 22, 2009

Downtown Mountain View & Stanford University


Yes, it was horrible.
Derek, Brian (H.) and I decided to stroll in Downtown Mountain View by light rail and the car was PACKED. 9 bikes with about 30 people in a single car made me feel like I was a sardine packed in a can. This reminds me of Tokyo's subway, coincidentally.


Sorry, the train rocked and I nearly fell around halfway into the video.

Downtown Mountain View was nice, but no high rises unfortunately. Bicycle and pedestrian-friendly area with a ton of restaurants. Here are the three of us.



We then biked from downtown to Stanford via El Camino Real and looked for their shopping mall. It was a disappointment, really. I hoped it would have better shops and places to eat. Whatever, I don't like Stanford in general anyways. Don't get me wrong, it's a great school, but I don't like it.
Stanford's marching band practicing

Stanford Stadium (correct?)






At Stanford Shopping Mall


We returned home. Then, after we transferred to the Alum Rock train, a cute young lady was staring at us the whole time. Brian said it "made [him] feel good." We laughed it off and biked home together while Derek got off at 1 station after us at Hostetter.

And of course, I would have to say this was one of my most fun adventures this summer so far. (:

____________

OH, today I received an email from my Japanese host mom. Anna ISN'T going to Miyako High School ;( BIG FROWN, YO.

AND MY HOST MOM KNOWS HER HOST MOM. Anna is on the bottom right.

Article title reads: Acceptance of New Foreign Exchange Students
2 students from the U.S. // Experiencing Miyako's Culture


Sorry for all the images I'm uploading. They're fun to look at, though, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment