Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life Goes On



We all have had our own problems and misfortunes. Work stress, school problems, relationship problems, you name it. I personally am stressing over the last week of school, and am still recovering from last year on my trip back home to America. I was sitting outside today with my laptop out in the backyard and just took the time to watch the clouds slowly go by. Yes, I did do homework, which was why I brought my laptop out in the first place.

As I was gazing high, a pitter-patter sound occasionally reaches my left ear. I glance over, I see leaves fall. Probably those damn buck-teeth squirrels, I think to myself. I ignore, and continue on with my work. Next thing you know here it comes again, this time, it's directly off to my left. My eyes catch it, in midair falling down, were lemons. Ironic. The widely-modified "If life gives you lemons" saying.

This reminded me of the beautiful cherry blossoms that bloom late winter in my backyard. Let me tell you that in the summer these trees are ugly. They die in fall, nothing left and all stripped of their layers. Now the tree is like a brown twig. Or those anorexia people who have bodies of Pocky chocolate-flavored sticks--or vanilla if you're white. Sorry, I had to mention that somehwere (lol). This tree is dead, nothing to see. But every spring, it comes to life. Pink feather-like petals sprout and liven the tree once again. The cycle repeats, over and over again.

"On and an' on, and on, and on, on!" --2008 Pre-Cal teacher

Think of problems the same way. You're affected by it, and it's completely okay to show your emotions for it, but realize that there has to be a point in time where you have to move on and stop moaning about the past--it's normal and what nature and life does every spring.


It moves on and do
es not look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment