Monday, July 6, 2009

Three Degrees

Dear San Jose,

Tomorrow--or today, I should say since it's half past midnight--I will at last be returning to you! I can't wait. It's July 6th.

A 9-hour ride. That's like a flight across the Pacific Ocean. Ugh.

Well, I just returned from The Mirage's volcano show and Treasure Island's show of men and women on seperate boats fighting with each other. I liked T.I.'s show better, since it lasted 15 minutes with fireworks and live fireballs. Unfortunately, emergency vehicles passed every so often with their air horns and sirens blaring so that sort of ruined the nautical atmosphere. Nonetheless, it was great, and I wish I could upload the video of the whole thing here but it's 1.2 GB. Oh well, I'll try to find a way. (hopefully)




Earlier today, we took a shuttle to the Rio to eat a free buffet (4 people---total was a hundred and three bucks with tax, all for free!) but the line to wait was ridiculously long. It took us a whole hour to move just 20 feet! I was frustated at one point that I started pounding on the walls and began scratching "WTF" with my keychain. I didn't care. They (the staff) treated us like crap making us stand so I'll treat the place like crap. I take pride in doing that. Fortunately, we moved before I could finish the first stroke of the letter 'W' and I stopped.



The buffet was less appetizing than "Flavors" buffet in Hurrah's. More variety but not worth $25 for each individual.

After we finished eating, I started playing around with my camera with my little brother. I had an idea to start zooming up on people's faces and taking a picture because I thought the expression on their faces at any given point in time was hilarious.

Take this picture for example.

She looks hyper and eager to eat her soup! ;)

On our shuttle back to Hurrah's, our driver said tomorrow's forecast would be much more tolerable.
"Tomorrow's forecast calls for lots of clear, blue skies, and will be much cooler--103."

I had a puzzled look when he said that, so apprently I guess Las Vegas residents have experienced much more brutal weather than today's high of 106 degrees. "I'm sure you'll notice the three-degree difference," he ended.



Um, not really.

Love,
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment