Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Letter to San Jose

Dear San Jose,

You've raised me from birth while I watched you change, you've shown me your beauty, you've bathed me in your bright sunshine, you've placed me right next to San Francisco and its gateway to the world. I thank you.

I have to say that for the next few days I will be leaving you and soon California as well. But worry not, I shall return and so will all my lovely friends internationally abroad. Please take care of yourself; don't burn yourself like last year and keep yourself clear of any smokey hazes while I'm away. Also, don't play with the Sun too much, okay? You'll dry yourself up!

On my journey, I will try to keep in touch wherever possible online, but I cannot guarantee that I have such access everyday. Just make sure to check back on this blog, for I will provide pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Sleep well tonight! I will quietly wake before dawn and will try not to wake you up.

P.S. Also, don't cry too much. You know it's summer and crying in this season makes you look extremely gloomy. No one would visit you if you start doing that now, right?


With lots of love,
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment