Saturday, July 18, 2009

Earthly Possesions

Camera's broken. Some $500 when I bought it, but that's okay. And I'm not filthy rich, either. This was more than half of a decade ago and I think it's time I need a new camera, anyways. (Cheaper, too!)

So over the years, what happened were:
- Protective lens covering was lost at San Francisco Int'l Airport
- Sliding door to turn off/on the camera won't lock in place
- (Today) Lens started making rattling noises and jammed. The final death blow. Hm, talk about the death rattle.

I was extremely frustrated when this happened. Opening my camera up to see what was causing the jam, but the manufacturer used glue as well as screws to keep the camera intact. I really could do nothing. As I was putting back the screws, 2 of them wouldn't budge in completely. So for the rest of the afternoon in the 90 degree heat while I sweat my ass off, a screw was screwing me and my day up as opposed to me screwing in the screw (= the bolt).

I NEED A NEW ONE ANYWAYS. Damn. But after a time where I finally put the camera back intact, I realized there was no reason to be angry. When I die, I die. The (stupid) camera won't follow me into the afterlife, or at least I hope. (lol)

So what will follow me? And what would I carry along with me?

Love, of course.


I should feel silly to be worrying about my camera.
Now let's hope dad understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment