Thursday, July 2, 2009

Follow-up to San Jose


Dear San Jose,

I've arrived in Anaheim today; just now. I hate the SoCal traffic, it's ridiculous. They clearly need mass transit like you have! Well on the trip, there were nothing but fields and more fields, mountains and more hills... Quite boring if you ask me on Interstate 5.

I have an interesting story to tell you along the way.
Near afternoon around eleven o'clock, my family decided to dine in at a McDonalds restaurant in Buttonwillow, California. As the food arrived, my mom urges me to "eat your fries" first, or else they'll turn cold. I tell her I didn't want to, and continued by saying "Itsu--" (Itsumo) which means "always" in Japanese. I was trying to tell her she always tells me this, but I caught myself before I finished it.

It's been, about a year now since I left Japan? And still Japanese slips out. I thought the whole thing was hilarious, but the upside is that I haven't forgotten the language.

I'm currently waiting outside my hotel until 3:00 PM when they'll let us in our rooms. But I'm really delighted that there's free WiFi for me to keep in touch with you!

P.S. How's my house, by the way?

Love,
Jimmy Ly


No comments:

Post a Comment