Monday, August 31, 2009

War Between the Heart and Mind

"Don't ask me what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive. Because what the world needs is people who come alive."

Howard Thuman


It's a first. Up to now, my heart and mind coexisted in this tiny body of mine and now I find myself confused on what to follow. They are yelling at each other, pounding the walls of my chest and head both with the same goal: the least hardship. Just different approaches.

I would have to admit that most times, I have followed my mind mainly due to its reasoning. But my heart has gotten me to great lengths once in a while, with fantastic results.

A (16:35:23): then do it
A (16:35:26): passions are powerful

Indeed they are.
Just please show me what I'm looking for.

(Photo by Hilary Shedel)

No comments:

Post a Comment