Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pickles?!

...COME FROM CUCUMBERS?! I seriously had no idea that they soaked them in brine (which is simply a saturated, salty solution) with vinegar and viola, a sour pickle! (LOL)

Cucumbers--I love. I would steal them from the kitchen when my mother is not looking while cooking dinner. She'd ask where her pickle (she calls them 'pickles' rather than 'cucumbers') went. I shrug it off and grin with a mouth full of green delicacy. Then, knowing I had eaten it, she'd hand me another one sliced and I'd spend several minutes with the brightest face in the house.

Pickles--I loathe. Should I accidentally bite one of those in my Whopper sandwich, my brain tells all of my body to freeze and surrender my tongue to my surroundings. From there on, I'd either quickly swallow it without tasting it or spit it out in the trash. My body shivers from the concentrated salty aftertaste--I'm not kidding!

So for every cucumber brined is a cucumber wasted. ):
If you need to save your cucumbers, just put them into my mouth. They'll be safe there. Maybe.
(Aside: It's also a fruit, not a vegetable as I'd have expected it to be. Fascinating stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment