Sunday, September 6, 2009

Survivor


I am thankful that my heart still beats and for the fact that I live in a house. An innocent, little ride to Starbucks down in Milpitas on East Calaveras Boulevard drove me (and I'm not making this up) to the edge of my sanity.

It was today that I truly screamed out loud and groaned for the first time in pain, as a wounded soldier would on the battlefield, for several seconds. It was today that I temporarily lost my ability to focus my vision, and that I couldn't speak clearly and mumbled unintelligibly. My body is still in excruciating pain.

I've always thought I could go everywhere, anywhere. And I still believe that. But what I failed to see was that the mind goes great distances in which the body cannot. Preparation is a vital necessity.

Just when all things seemed over, my house nearly burned today. All my fault. I'm too scared to touch anything anymore, and sadness has overtaken me.


I am unbelievably stupid.

1 comment: