Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Itsies & Bitsies


Quite a bit has been going on in the last few days of school, now in its single digits. I've been trying to cram all the things a high school student could possibly ever do before I begin a new adult life.

Tuesday, May 11th: I made a companionship with a drunk guy at a bar. With eyes glued on the TV, I was drawn to the Vancouver Canucks vs the Chicago Blackhacks hockey game when a voice from the right called out, "You from Chicahhgo?" (Notice the Chicago accent) How random was that? I tell him no and he begins chattering away his game remarks, and needless to say, we got along pretty well. We were both rooting for Chicago and wanted to see them play against the SJ sharks soon. For that moment, I got to taste the moment of how men bond with a mix of beer and sports. (LOL)


Okay, I lied, it wasn't really a full on bar, but I was really at SmokeEaters, trying out their deal of the chicken wing deal of the day. There were no seats left except the stools on the bar of the store so I sat there. So stop making me feel bad, I had no where else to sit on a crowded discount day. So the food, yes it was FANTASTIC; I'm HOOKED. I came back on Thursday for their weekly tender deal and sent my stomach and taste buds to heaven. Omnomnom. Burp.

And since I brought my camera that day, I decided to stroll around downtown and snap snap. It's my playground in America.

Looks like Las Vegas. But this was just between 2nd and 3rd streets at San Fernando.

Night lights of the historic district.

On Wednesday, May 19th, my friend Derek and I conspired to cut school and have fun. Gosh, I don't know, it's my first time. :B Okay, well it was for a reason, and that was to see the Amgen Tour of California for the last time in the Bay Area. Took lots of pretty pictures, or cool ones, I thought.


Picture of me and Derek.
So after we took this picture, a man asked me to do the same with his much more expensive camera. He said, "Don't drop it, or I'll smack you." Oh, you Americans. (He was obviously joking.)

Jons Voigt, the famous professional German cyclist.

YES, my picture of Lance Armstrong! It was definitely hard shot with people's hands and heads in the way.

Start gun fired at 11 AM.

Picture with San Jose Mayor Chuck Reed. Man, this guy's cool.

Picture with Chuck Reed wasn't easy either. After shouting at the Mayor asking for a picture and he agreed, I had to jump a crowd control fence past stage security and was yelled at. Whatever, I didn't care, neither did the mayor. Well, mostly because the guard's English was masked by an thick accent making it unintelligible. So we snapped in right front of the guard to get him out of the picture (not the yellow guy on the right). Shut up, jeez.

So that's that.

And now here I am. 7 school days left, ready to go.
I am thankful for another mom from halfway across the world who wakes up at 4 AM to reply to my emails. A mom who, with just keyboard strokes and nothing more than ordered characters, still manages to be able to send her uplifting emotions by intangible means. Like magically sending smiles.

I am grateful for everything this year and much, much, more grateful for those who have taken their time to care and to love. Friends and family. I love them all, with all my heart.

Beauty in Bloom


Graduation's going to be a bitch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment