Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Eve in San Francisco


I know this is supposed to be a San Jose-oriented blog, but I have pictures from San Francisco on New Year's Eve. Oh, what the heck.

Happy New Year.





The city was jammed pack. Ridiculously packed at the Embarcadero Plaza and Market Street. Obviously, with all of these people and a few drunks here and there, the presence of police and emergency personnel were also heavy. The following video serves no other purpose but to demonstrate what I mean.

Noisy. :(

Despite the rowdiness of some people around me, especially the "wanna-be" gangsters shouting obscenities at anyone they could lay their eyes on, the whole trip turned out pleasant. Watching the fireworks bloom above the Bay Bridge was a first for me, and this day marked the beginning of a new decade and a new me (now that I'll be turning 18 in 6 months). I have a video of the whole thing but refuse to upload it since the file is half a gigabyte. I do, however, have a short clip recorded from my phone...



Going home was a big problem. I wanted to ride BART (the Bay Area Rapid Transit subway) for the whole way home for the convenience of time but my cousins refused and wanted to transfer on Caltrain, one of the slowest commuter train system I've seen, to their house. Goodness, you can race a horse with these trains and you'd win, as the trains average 20~30 miles per hour. They wanted it this way too on the ride TO San Francisco, so I had to break my wallet paying for unnecessary tickets for transfers. Ugh. I was bitter. Thanks to Caltrain, we finally stepped into our home at 4 AM in the morning, a time when the sun was already rising in New York and when we haven't even brushed our teeth.

This was not to say the ride home on Caltrain was all mumbles and grumbles, though. Check out our car; everyone was doozing off while in the next car in front of us, the others were partying.



And I saved the best for last! (: Not that it's pretty or anything but it made me smile.

Now in school, I have to remember to write the number one (1) first when writing the date for "mm/dd/10" rather than writing zero (0) for "mm/dd/09" as I have been for ten whole years.

No comments:

Post a Comment